Old May 23rd 04, 08:51 AM
Pete KE9OA

http://users.netonecom.net/~swordman...srIIIAlign.htm
This page has alignment notes, which appear to have come from the
manufacturer. In addition, there is also a sketch of all of the alignment
points.

Pete

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Jay Heyl" wrote:
| What you view as a problem with the SR3, many view as a blessing. The
| directionality of the antenna allows you to null out unwanted signals
| and pull in weaker signals that would otherwise not be listenable.
| Among DXers, directionality is a highly desireable feature.

Roger that. I've heard three stations on the same graveyard
channel with my "Stupor Radio Three," as I like to call it.
It's quite a good little radio. I want to build a marker generator
for this thing. I wish I could make the dial alignment a little
better - I've realigned it twice, but guess I'll have another go,
one of these days.

The SRIII also happens to be a very decent camp radio.
I'm planning on a trip to the Boundary Waters, with a nice
FM yagi, maybe 8 elements or so, to see if I can hear a little
more Canadian FM than I'm used to.

I've heard that all Canadians talk like "Ike" from South Park,
and I want to see if that's true.

Plus, I like Tim Horton's, now that they're owned by an American
company (putatively, at least). So, I'm hoping to hear a Tim Horton's
commercial.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to