Old May 23rd 04, 11:43 AM
DAB sounds worse than FM

Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:
"nsj" wrote :
Remember that we have 5.5kHz audio bandwidth AM (if that) for
domestic transmissions -- not the wide bandwidth/stereo services
you're used to in North America.

No wonder Digitalboy

What are you calling me Digitalboy for? I'm certainly no cheerleader for
DAB, quite the opposite. Although I don't write off digital broadcasting
per se, like a few of you seem to have done in this thread without any
good evidence to back up your arguments.

claimed that most radio listeners in the UK
would migrate to FM if given the chance. 5 KHz must sound like
crap.

It does. Digital radio also sounds crap when mis-used, but it can also
sound very good if implemented properly.

DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, digital satellite, cable and
broadband internet radio