Old May 23rd 04, 12:08 PM
N8KDV

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:

Stephen M.H. Lawrence wrote:

My idea of "High Definition Radio" is a 20-KHz-wide AM
signal, well - modulated.

(See, I spelled kilohertz incorrectly again. Limey Steve at
www.digitalradiotech.co.uk must be shaking with anger!)

If you want to demonstrate that you're an ignorant peasant then that's
completely up to you.

Yanks call Brits "limeys" because there was a shortage of limes on
British ships (about the time we decided to go over and create America),
so sailors died of scurvy apparently. But seeing as British people don't
tend to sail to America in wind-powered ships these days, don't you
think it's a bit of an outdated put-down?

Here's some more up to date put-downs:

* The American people voted George W Bush to be your president, despite
the fact that he clearly has an IQ that would classify him as being
mentally-retarded in the UK.

* You've got Jack Nicholson in his role as The Joker from Batman as your
Defence Secretary, and he's even keeping in character by getting his
underlings to do a bit of torture.

* You're all fat.

And you are ruled by Germans...

That must really **** you off!