Old May 23rd 04, 07:33 PM
hwh

"Doug Smith W9WI" schreef in bericht
Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:
Digital radio and television are lame schemes, period. To get the same
quality as analog, you have to have a much wider bandwidth in digital.

Seems to be a personal thing. Some people are far more sensitive to
some compression schemes than others.

Myself, I think ATSC digital TV looks a lot better than the NTSC analog
broadcast in the same 6MHz bandwidth. I do have some co-workers who
really notice the MPEG compression artifacts, but I'm not one of them...

It depends on how many digital stations are punt into the space previously
occupied by one analog station.
In Europe four will look ok, but five or six is too much. (but cheaper per
station)

gr, hwh