Old May 23rd 04, 07:38 PM
J999w

You can always pick out the guys using a hardware or software decoder when
you're working them ... they send CQ at a faster rate than they can copy in
their head because the machine does it for them, but then there will be a
static crash, or some fading and they will miss a question you've just asked,
like "what's your name?", not knowing what you sent (because they can't copy it
in their head), they'll send a preprogrammed brag file ... "radio here is a
..... ". So you ask again ... "W H A T I S Y O U R N A M E ? ", this time
a little slower. The reply is another brag file, "I work as a .... ".

That's okay, I just keep slowing down until they get it ... OH ! "Name is Bob".

All part of the fun of CW.

di DARRRRR dit !

jw
K9RZZ