Old May 23rd 04, 09:22 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"JOE" wrote in message
news.com...

| I have been sharpening my skills, and can now copy
| to near - perfection at 25 words per minute (Which is,
| I think, considered fairly proficient).
|

| FAIRLY proficient??? Wowsers. I rag chew at 10-15,
| can get the 'QSL details' at 20, and when ya hit 25 all
| I can get is CQ and the Callsign, and immediately fire
| back with 'PSE QRS 15 WPM' !!
|
| Good work - keep CW alive on the bands. Teach kids.
| If we keep it alive, it'll not die with our generation
|
| JOE

It's funny you mention kids, Joe - they seem to be the most
fascinated with CW. Getting to 25 was simple - I spent a half
hour a day, and it took about five weeks. It's funny, getting
over that hump at 15 wpm just sort of happened, and I
started recognizing words instead of just letters.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, Minnesota