Old May 23rd 04, 10:58 PM
uncle arnie

On Sun, 23 May 2004 02:56 pm -0600 UTC, Stephen M.H. Lawrence
posted: %MM

I used to be able to listen to the CBC outlet from
(I think) Winnipeg on 990, and they carried a
similar lineup.

I remember listening to CBC news at the top of
every hour, presented by Bernie McNamie (sp?).

I found myself wondering, "Who is Bernie McNamie?"

Bernie McNamee (a fine Irish name). Now host of "The World at Six" on CBC
radio 1 and 2, half hour of news. Rebroadcast on RCI. You can try MW 540
from Watrous (transmitter, produced in Regina), Saskatchewan. CBC used to
call Radio 1 "AM" and Radio 2 "FM". Then they started switching the AM to
FM, and renamed them 1 and 2. 540 likely won't switch any time soon.

For further info on Bernie McNamee.
http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/perso...lity=McNamee%2
+Bernie&program=World+at+Six