Old May 24th 04, 11:20 AM
Richard L.

In message
"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote:

"Richard L." wrote in message
In message k.net
"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote
| Our AFN-TV satellite dish looks pretty much at the horizon to see the

bird
| they use here. Under normal circumstances, we get a good solid signal
with
| a level of about 89 and a quality of 9 or 10. When it rains hard,

that
can
| drop to 60 and 3 or 4.. and sometimes it goes out completely. It's

funny
| sometimes that there can be no rain here locally, but raining hard in

the
| distance between the dish and the bird, and we'll lose the signal
| completely. I think the only thing with water penetration is Richard

L.

I was surprised that someone with Richard L's level of technical
sophistication
would overlook that obvious factor, but given his obsession with my
physique,
I guess I can't blame the guy.

I think I recall the comment you mention, but it was by another
poster to the group -- not me. Perhaps you would care to check
back and verify that.

Not sure which comment you are referring to. I was responding to what
Stephen had written, which was in turn in response to this:

Apologies for confusion -- looks as if I didn't trim the quoting
quite enough. My comment was addressed to Stephen M. H. Lawrence,
who has attributed to me a remark which was actually by somebody
else (who has since gone uncharacteristically quiet), and was of
a type that I would certainly never make on Usenet.

--
Richard L.