Old May 25th 04, 03:03 PM
Ron Hardin

Richard wrote:

Yeah, they have good reviews. It would be great if we could see the circuit
diagram so we could homebrew them, perhaps the schematic is no longer a
comany secret and they might let us have it?

It's in the manual that comes with the loop.

You're paying for mechanical construction as much as anything, which minizes
the received electrical field, which in turn deepens the nulls; and gives you
the ability to aim the thing with precision as well.

The particular regen circuit is very stable in addition, which must be
from selection of components.

As I said once, you do better up around this price range feeding
an ANC-4 with two antennas with some goodly separation; I use McKay Dymek
DA100E's. If they're big antennas, there's no need for them to be active,
I guess.

A loop (eg. Wellbrook ALA1530) and a whip can be co-located and combined
in an ANC-4 instead.

The ANC-4 trick gives you a V shaped null that you sweep from one endfire
to the other. In the case of the loop+whip, endfire is in the plane of the
loop. At endfire both legs of the V coincide; at broadside they open to a line.

--
Ron Hardin