Old May 26th 04, 06:24 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Josey221 wrote:
I'd like to know if something is wrong with the radio or if it's just that the
Air/Police High/Weather band is dead. I thought at least I should get the
weather, but I don't get anything when it's tuned to 162.5 which is where it
says the weather is located. I've cleaned the bandswitch and checked the wires
inside to make sure one didn't come loose, is appears to be fine.

Hmmm. If you're anywhere near a city of any size, you shouldn't have
any trouble hearing the 162.5 weather. The weather transmitters are
(usually) running 1,000 watts which is a LOT of power for that
frequency. Have you tried tuning around a bit? There are seven weather
channels, maybe you just didn't stumble across the right one?

If that doesn't work... dunno. First thing I'd think is a dirty
bandswitch but you're saying you've already checked that...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66