Old September 2nd 04, 04:53 AM
GW

Default Antenna Ground

I have a question similar to but different from the one posted a few lines
below. How do you determine the quality of an antenna ground at HF on an
absolute basis? Not how well have I maximized what Mother Nature gave me at
my QTH by adding radials, but how good is my ground compared to other
stations' grounds at other locations? I have read about the advantages of
seawater, ground conductivity etc as guidelines, but how is overall ground
quality (not just soil resistivity) determined objectively if indeed that is
possible at all?

George K6GW