Old May 26th 04, 10:02 PM
Doug

Where did you get those figures?

They seem a little low.
Last I read, there were over 730,000 licenses.
About 20,000 or so are club, etc licenses.
So there are over 700,000 licensed Amateurs in the USA.

Doug

On Sat, 01 May 2004 16:24:42 -0400, N8KDV
wrote:

I was looking up this info for another individual and as long as I have
it at hand I figured I'd post it here as well.

There are 637,404 licensed amateurs in the USA, the licences break down
this way:

Extra 14.61 %

Advanced 12.95 %

General 20.84 %

Tech Plus 12.16 %

Technician 33.85 %

Novice 5.59 %

No new Novice, Technician Plus, or Advanced Class amateur service
operator licenses will be issued. These licenses, however, may be
modified or renewed. Technician Plus class operator licenses will be
converted to Technician Class licenses if renewed. Technician Plus class
operator licenses will also be
converted to Technician Class when modified to show a vanity call sign.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B