Old May 26th 04, 10:47 PM
Beloved Leader

(Tom) wrote in message . com...

... is something wrong with my radio?

Ummm, broken antenna lead? AM-MW would rely on an internal ferrite
rod; SW1 and SW2 might use that antenna as well. FM stations from
88-108 MHz are flame throwers (witness that fact that "I can hear FM
stations on Police Low"), so you can hear them with no antenna. That
other stuff, might be inaudible if the antenna is not functioning. My
Radio Shack Weatheradio with the antenna not extended can't hear a
thing. Pull out the antenna, and the station at Manassas VA comes in.

I concur entirely with the other listers who suggest trying to hear
the NOAA weather stations, assuming you are in the US. Frequencies
(the first three are the most likely frequencies to hear):

162.550
162.400
162.475
162.425