Old May 27th 04, 03:01 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"dxAce" wrote in message
Thanks Steve, but that information is dated. I went in on April 18,

2000
and got my General. All I had to do was prove that I was a Tech Plus
licensee who had passed the 5WPM code test (which I did, in 1983). Lot

of
new General's were born on 4/15/00.. The article you posted to was right

in
one way... they didn't just automatically send out General tickets to

every
Tech Plus.. you actually had to go to your local VEC and fill out the
paperwork, and offer proof of meeting the code requirement.

Yep.

But let me say this, everyone should have had to pass the 13 WPM code test

for
General...

Even deaf people can, and could, pass the test.

My problem was/is that I process all languages the same way.. I translate
them into English (in my head) before I can 'read' them. This works more or
less for Spanish, but really bytes for Korean (two translations, one from
the Hangul alphabet to the Latin one, then from Korean into English) and
REALLY slows me down on code..