Old May 29th 04, 09:00 AM
starman

"Charlie B." wrote:

You may be able to fix it yourself, error 3
indicate power loss to the memory circuit. Remove the batteries and
check the contacts for the AA,s. Replace with fresh ones after
cleaning contacts.
This may be all it needs, if not carefully remove the back and check
where the AA's press to rhw circuit board ,clean the circuit board
solder pad and smooth out wiith a screwdriver blade. I had the same
problem with mine and jost soldered a wire to each end of the AA
holder then to the circuit board leaving enough wire
to be able to remove the cover.
I'm sure KIWA (www.kiwa.com could make the repars needed if that what
you wand

Regards
Chaz

The error-3 problem can occur because one terminal of the AA holder is
not soldered to the PC board with a short wire like the other terminal.
Instead, it uses a point contact like one of the D-cell terminals. The
permanent solution is to bypass the AA point terminal with a short wire
soldered to the terminal and the corresponding pad on the PC board. The
problem is it's not easy to gain access to the solder pad on the board.
I disassembled my '2010' to do this mod' but I think it can be done with
a soldering gun which has a wire tip that can be bent to a right angle.
Even so, you would have to use a small dental mirror to see where you're
soldering under the PC board.