Old May 29th 04, 09:10 PM
dxAce

From: "-=jd=-"

FBI Issues and Retracts Urgent Terrorism Warning

Seems a bit "better safe than sorry". I'd rather they didn't "sit" on
something that appears quite credible at first. The "Heads-Up" they issued to

the city officials seems extremely appropriate while they vetted the
information and were deciding if it warranted a general release.

I just wish they'd check their facts enough to not have to retract the warning
a few hours later.

What seems of interest is that the party in New York apparently wasn't
monitoring for official alerts... "A federal official in New York City, when
asked about the warning, said he was unaware of the city's having received
any such notification."

Exactly, with warnings being issued and retracted in the same day, people
aren't going to be giving much attention when a valid warning needs to be
listened to.

You were warned about drug use and you didn't listen, why would you ever think to
listen about about a possible attack on the USofA by your terrorist pals?