Old September 3rd 04, 03:54 PM
Fractenna

"Theplanters95" wrote

I have an offer to purchase some used hardline from a cell phone system.

Is it
suitable for use on 2m? Can it be run over a shingle roof or does it need
standoffs? What is a good price for 100 feet with N Connectors?

Recommend never buying used feedline, for any reason. If it's free, and you
don't find it perforated a million places from lightning, give it a try.
Otherwise the most it's worth is it's scrap value in copper, less the cost
of stripping the dialectric, shield and covering.

Jack

Unless it has succumbed to water damage or lightning, you should have no
problem with it. The insertion loss will be very low on 2M compared to other
(new ) options at the same price.

I use both new and used cable, and it is very rare that I find a piece of used
hardline that has unacceptable insertion loss.

Usually the problems arise at the connector, rather than the (hardline) cable
length itself.

73,
Chip N1IR