Old May 31st 04, 07:59 AM
Jay

Well it kind of depends on where you are listening from, and unless I missed
it, I don't see it in your post. Sure looks like you have enough equipment
to give it a good run for the money though! I grew up listening to WABC from
Plymouth, Mass nights on my tiny transistor radio. (It was a Constant
6t-220...boy do I wish I still had that...they routinely go for 4100 on
eBay, but at the time I thought it was a piece of junk compared with my
friend's Zenith 500). Now living in Hartford, CT I can hear it 24/7 on any
decent radio (it's only about 110 miles away) although at night there is a
co-channel station playing oldies which I can often hear under their talk
programming. (I've never tried to isolate it to find out what/where it is).

Where are you listening from?

Jay
"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
770 on your dial WABC between 6am-6pm from Ny/Ny/
They are playing twelve complete hours of original programming from the
60'-70's, apparently (I didn't know this) when WABC was the country and

world
(so they say) #1 Top 40 station, complete with the original commercials.

I'm looking forward to it, especially the commercials. I can't pick it

up -
like right now- on my modded dx398 on a longwire- nadda.

But I DO think I'll get it on the GE P-780 and turntable and a 30x30 loop,
that's a 50,000 watter, shouldn't I be able to get that? That was the

station
(I think) I heard on the morning when I made *THE* first post in here for

9-11,
so I'm hoping to get it for the 12 hours tomorrow.

What do the BCB dxers think? No problemo? Or any helpful hint to help.

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/*SUPER-DELUXE Mod- DRIVEN*394/*Modded*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~