Old September 3rd 04, 07:52 PM
G.Beat

"Theplanters95" wrote in message
I have an offer to purchase some used hardline from a cell phone system.
Is it
suitable for use on 2m? Can it be run over a shingle roof or does it need
standoffs? What is a good price for 100 feet with N Connectors?

Here is the email that I received.

It is previously used and not new. If you feel it is worth somthing
to you, make up a price. I will see if I can find a another N-Female
connector to go on the other end. Posibly another N-Female for the open
end. Most of the Hard Line is from Cell Phone towers that are getting up
graded to a new lower loss feed line. Cell Swept Hard Line is more
expensive than standard run of the mill. Some Pieces have a ground wire
on
them and a strain relif for hoisting up the tower (Finger Pusle grip
lock).

Randy ka4nma
theplanters95 at aol.com

Randy,

It can not hurt to look at the feedline - it would be a good idea to find
out the size you are dealing with 1/2" ; 3/4"; 7/8"; 1" etc.
The traditional cellular (AMPS) frequency allocation is 800 MHz - 900 MHz.

The Personal Communications Service or PCS -- which is at 1.8 - 2.0 GHz was
established by the FCC
in 1984, with auctions of the spectrum in 1985. Each auction allowed 2 or 3
primary bidders for spectrum for each major
geographical area of the US. Sprint Spectrum (now known as Sprint PCS)
acquired primary allocations for 95% of these
areas.

gb