Old September 3rd 04, 09:54 PM
Richard Fry

"Richard Harrison" wrote
IF you were to insert the Model 43 into most 75-ohm transmission
systems, the precision 50-ohm meter line of 5.125 inches would not
likely enforce the 50-ohm V/I ratio and the meter reading would be in
error.

Yet a 50 ohm RF bridge or network analyzer with a 75 ohm termination applied
directly at its output port has no trouble showing the true SWR. These
measuring devices are looking at the same transition plane from 50 to 75
ohms as the Bird 43 would see with a 75 ohm load at its output port.

If the Model 43 is unable to make an accurate measurement of this, is that
not due to reasons other than not having the right 50-ohm V/I ratio in its
line section?

RF