Old September 4th 04, 03:01 AM
Wes Stewart

|--------------------------------------------------------

|Exactly!

Not!

The source plays no role at all. The degree of match that is
indicated is that between the line (or system Zo) and the load Z.

A 50 ohm instrument with a 50 ohm termination shows a reflection
coefficient (or whatever mathematical equivalent you want to use) of
zero regardless of the source impedance.

|So let's call it a TLI.

Let's don't. That's just more bafflegab. Suppose the source impedance
is 25 ohm and the load is 50 ohm. By this new monstrosity of a
definition, the source should be delighted when the "transmitter
think the desired number is either 0 or 1. And another source
(transmitter) with a source Z of 100 ohm should be equally happy.
Right?

|Which is what it actually is. Abolish
|the source of confusion and the arguments on what it does.

I'm all for abolishing the confusion too, so why did you add to it?