Old June 2nd 04, 02:14 AM
Greg

Thanks for the info Mark.

From: Mark Keith
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:09:04 -0500
Subject: How does HF ATC work?

Greg wrote:

I have freq's for New York air traffic control, including 11396 and 8846.

I thought 11 mhz was miltary air?

Does NY Handle all air traffic in eastern US?

No. The aircraft can call any radio service he wants. He might get info
from Miami, instead of NY, if propagation favors the shorter skip.

Do they handle domestic
flights or just international?

Both.
I want to monitor a flight from Jamaica to
Atlanta on Friday. (I'm in Florida.)

Good luck. Being you probably have no idea what freq's they will use,
you will need it. He might not even use HF...Just depends how far from
VHF centers he gets...The HF aircraft radio you hear are private
companies that sell radio services to the airlines. They are not ATC in
the strict sense. MK
--
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k