Old September 4th 04, 01:38 PM
Dave

free is a good price. anything more and you are paying to take out their
garbage. connectors can be built for most hardlines from simple plumbing
fittings and common connectors and adapters. it would run over a shingle
roof just fine, you just want to make sure it doesn't flop around or it
could wear on the shingles or rub through it's outer jacket.

"Theplanters95" wrote in message
I have an offer to purchase some used hardline from a cell phone system.

Is it
suitable for use on 2m? Can it be run over a shingle roof or does it need
standoffs? What is a good price for 100 feet with N Connectors?

Here is the email that I received.

It is previously used and not new. If you feel it is worth somthing
to you, make up a price. I will see if I can find a another N-Female
connector to go on the other end. Posibly another N-Female for the open
end. Most of the Hard Line is from Cell Phone towers that are getting up
graded to a new lower loss feed line. Cell Swept Hard Line is more
expensive than standard run of the mill. Some Pieces have a ground wire

on
them and a strain relif for hoisting up the tower (Finger Pusle grip

lock).

Randy ka4nma
theplanters95 at aol.com