Old June 3rd 04, 04:47 AM
Pete & Renee Davis

Default German at 850 Hz on East Coast

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Trying to tune in WEEI Boston to hear the Red Sox game. From 0315 to 0325
a German broadcast kept alternating with the game. The program seemed to
be news or a magazine format; the only word I could understand was "Istanbul".
There were a male and a female speaking.
pI was using a Radio Shack SW100 which has analog tuning that is not
precise on the scale. The German was on a very narrow bandwidth, while
WEEI was coming in with several images. But it was definitely between WCRN
830 and a French Canadian station at 860 or 870. I was not able to bring
the German in on my Degen 1102 with digital tuning to get an exact frequency.
pDoes anyone know of a US based station with German language programing
on that frequency? What are the chances that it was a transatlantic skip?
pAin't radio fun?
pPete Davis
br /html