Old June 3rd 04, 01:57 PM
Al Arduengo

Dan writes:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 03:55:16 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

You still have not figured out how to post in plain text instead of HTML.

MOST NEWS READERS DON'T HANDLE HTML.

Please learn to post in plain text. Thanks.

Actually, most newsreaders can handle HTML these days. Unless you
are still using something ancient like pine and emacs, you have
nothing to worry about. MT-NW 3.4 can certainly handle it. I know
because I use it on my OS X box also.

Dan

Grundig S800, S650, S700, YB400, YB550PE
Degen DE1102, Kaito KA1102
Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

True, many can handle it but it is considered poor practice and highly
discouraged to use HTML in both email and newsgroup postings. Much
spam comes via HTML so at least give those of us who try to fight it a
sporting chance.

Consequently, I use Gnus/Emacs and it will display HTML but I wash all
posts anyway. Long Live Gnus!!

Cheers.
--
remove NUNYA to email me