Old September 4th 04, 08:46 PM
Richard Fry

"Roy Lewallen" wrote
Let me suggest an additional exercise for Richard and anyone else that
believes that source impedance affects the SWR. (etc)

Just one sec, please. I didn't say that the true SWR connected to the tx
output connector was affected. I said that the RF power measured at the
sample point(s) in the transmitter can be affected by the source and load
impedances of the tx, for the reasons stated.

The true load SWR does not change under these conditions, but it cannot then
be determined by such a meter. Attempting to do so will yield some value,
but it will be wrong.

RF