Old June 4th 04, 05:10 PM
Gray Shockley

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:17:25 -0500, Jay wrote
(in article ):

It's not mechanical...not like a static of loose connections. It's a loud
buzz, equal timing on/off/on/off, at about 1 second intervals. Definitely
electrical in nature and it affects all my phones, hard wired and cordless.
And once again, the strange thing is that I can turn on any dimmer light and
the same noise will start, so it's like the noise is being generated
somewhere else but being somehow introduced when a dimmer is activated. I
don't know how to isolate this at all. This is independent of the fact that
some of the dimmers cause their own buzzes...some very loud, others are
quiet, but any will start this intermittent buzz.

Jay

Did you try "introducing the buzz and then flippinh circuit
breakers in various combinations?

Also, you might want to ask for suggestions in one of the "Home
Repair/Improvement" newsgroups.

++ Gray //