Old September 5th 04, 12:59 AM
Wes Stewart

|"Roy Lewallen" wrote
|____________________

|Just one sec, please. I didn't say that the true SWR connected to the tx
|output connector was affected. I said that the RF power measured at the
|sample point(s) in the transmitter can be affected by the source and load
|impedances of the tx, for the reasons stated.

Not so fast yourself. You said, "The generic function of this meter is
to measure the degree of match between a source and a load."

There is no power mentioned in your statement. I, and others, stated
that your first statement was incorrect and since that time you have
been introducing prodigious amounts of verbiage in an attempt to
obfuscate and avoid the obvious error in your earlier statement.

Just slap your forehead and say, "Shucks, I blew it with that one" and
we can all forget about it. I do it all of the time.

|The true load SWR does not change under these conditions, but it cannot then
|be determined by such a meter. Attempting to do so will yield some value,
|but it will be wrong.

Oh please. If an SWR meter, direction bridge, TLI or whatever you
want to call it has decent directivity, i.e. the ability to discern
forward and reflected power, forward and reflected waves, reflection
coefficient, scattering parameters, or whatever you want to call them,
then the applied power is immaterial.

We are trying to measure a RATIO, not some absolute value of power.