Old September 5th 04, 11:17 AM
Richard Fry

"Wes Stewart" wrote:
Oh please. If an SWR meter, direction bridge, TLI or whatever you
want to call it has decent directivity, i.e. the ability to discern
forward and reflected power, forward and reflected waves, reflection
coefficient, scattering parameters, or whatever you want to call them,
then the applied power is immaterial.

We are trying to measure a RATIO, not some absolute value of power.

However an SWR meter, direction(al) bridge, TLI or whatever you want to call
it has NO ability to discern between two waves traveling in the same
direction, unless their detectors are operating in the time domain -- which
normally they do not. That is the "feature" causing the anomalies I have
been writing about.

RF