Old September 5th 04, 03:14 PM

By strapping the coax to the earth,ground or negative (or whatever) part of
the aerial,you will effectively
cancel out any gain or effect the 20' part had.
Obviously you dont have the space for a 'T' where the coax is the bottom bit
of the 'T' and the top
Parts are say 20' each way give ot take?
If thats no good,then how about feeding the coax to a longer wire closer to
the house and having
the ground wire going down to earth,vertically? If you could have the long
wire inclining up the
garden somewhat,it would be effectively an inverted-v antenna.Keeping it
horozontal would
leseen the tendancy to throw signals back over your house however.
Does this help?
G7EBY

"Doug Birky" wrote in message
I'm putting up an offset dipole. I'm attaching a 4:1 balun. I'm running
RG-8 to the balun. The dipole will be attached at 20' and the other end
will
be about 40'. My question is can the coax be tie-straped to the short end
of the dipole antenna wire and run back with it toward the houes? This is
basically to keep a big loop from hanging down and also keeping the wife
happy since it would look much cleaner. I didn't know if this would have a
large impact on operation or not.

73
Doug / KC8YEC