Old September 5th 04, 05:21 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:05:24 -0500, "Richard Fry"
wrote:

I trust my contention is now clear to you.

Hi OM,

Actually no. Your reference, Mendenhall, specifically writes about
his design:
"It was necessary to determine the plate
load impedance (formula) = 1000 Ohms
where Emin min drop across the tube in saturation
I1 ac plate current.

"Since this Zp was to be coupled into a
Z output of 50 Ohm, a impedance transformation
of 20:1 was needed."

Fairly straightforward stuff there. Geoff's own notes are the model
of economy and directly to the nut of the issue. His notes are also
straight from old school first principles. As often happens, the more
elaborate the discussion of rather simple matters belies the inference
of hucksterism.

Seems like ALL my arguments, references, citations, data offered and
so on are congruent with Geoff's own description of amplifiers. I
certainly need no further testimony from him as I am perfectly capable
of finding his own work and offering it here. Thanx anyway, but no
thanx.

It would also serve you better to read more and write less, after all
I SPECIFICALLY mandated a discussion of transistor amateur amplifiers.
When I allowed this divergence to tubes, Mendenhall himself proved
that NOTHING changes in the physics of sources.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC