Old June 8th 04, 07:01 AM
GO BEARCATS

I remember Les Keiter doing the recreations in 1958. I thought it was
WMCA which had been the NY Giants station but i could be wrong. Mutual
Radio did a game of the day at least as late as '57.
Two stories about re-creations:

***********rest good post snipped*********

This thread has kind of grabbed me and I'll tell you why and also I guess
there's a question also.

*Right before* I got into the hobby, through a goodwill store or some place
like that, I happened upon a ?????.

The reason I took it actually was because it was going to be pitched, and I
don't remember the particulars of it, like the exact look or anything, but I
remember what was on it......oh how I wished I had kept it -if it had been
maybe another five months I would've kept it because I got into 'electronics.'
cb/scanners/shortwave in that order and haven't turned back :-)

But it was a recorder of some sorts. It was extremely old, and how I know
without remembering of seeing a date on it or whatever is it actually was
because of the reason I grabbed it. I'm a sports fans.

This recorder was (if I remember right) longer than my hand and a little of my
forearm in length, I can't remember the width, but it had actual reel to reel
tape on it. The voice on it was 'someone' (DARN I wished I had this thing)
doing the Cincinnati Reds vs. Brooklyn Dodgers and they were doing play by play
and this guy was reading what was happening as you could hear 'typing' {?} in
the background.

But it was innings 1 though 6 and then went to a lady speaking to a man,
completely different- like the game part was stopped and then this started.
Being a Reds fan like I am, I remember thinking "I don't want anything like
this sitting around." Never thinking of the historical significance either-I
just didn't think like that. Wow- how radio changes you.;-)

It was old looking and it stuck out like a thumb and back then - I just didn't
think of any type of electronic equipment except the typical of having.

I've always wondered what exactly was that I had at one time, but I do know the
era because of the names of the players and the game was at Ebbets Field and it
was the Brooklyn Dodgers against my beloved Reds. Should have kept it. :-(

Can someone tell me maybe what actually it was, and did I pitch something of
big-time value?

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/*SUPER-DELUXE Mod- DRIVEN*394/*Modded*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~