Old September 5th 04, 08:24 PM
Reg Edwards

Gentlemen, excuse me butting in.

I suspect all these learned articles to be invalid because the authors
incorrectly assume the source impedance to be constant and the load
impedance to be the variable in any analyses or sets of measurements.

Whereas the internal or source impedance is actually a function of the load
(and many other factors).

I have not read these papers or articles but base my comments on what I have
gleaned from newsgroup conversations over the years.

In brief, how can you have a conjugate match with the source impedance
hopping about trying to follow the load? ;o)
----
Reg, G4FGQ

You assume he refers to the source impedance of/at output of the

amplifier.
More likely he is following convention and stating the load impedance that
the amplifier was designed to work into.

The source impedance of most transmitters is not published even today. If
it was, probably we wouldn't be having all of this confusion about it, and
its effects.