Old September 6th 04, 09:35 AM
Reg Edwards

Hi Walter,

In MY kitchen I have two workhorses, comprising the -

Autek Research, RF Analyst, Model RF-1, Frequency range 1.1 - 36 Mhz

and the -

MFJ, HF/VHF SWR Analyser Model 259-B, Frequency range 1.8 - 170 MHz.

Both were made in the USA. I bought the 2nd one in the hope it might be
better than the first. It wasn't. Nevertheless, between them they are the
best things since sliced bread.

The last measurements made using them were of soil impedance vs frequency,
in the kitchen sink, on samples from my backyard.

And the accuracy of any instrument depends on how it is used rather than on
what the manufacturer says about it.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

"Walter Maxwell" wrote
And Reg, in conjunction with the HP-8405 Vector Voltmeter, the HP-778D

dual
directional coupler can measure SWR from 1 MHz to 1 GHz with no

transmission
line whatever. This combination is the workhorse of my RF Lab.

Walt