Old June 11th 04, 03:28 PM
Frank Dresser

"Sam Byrams" wrote in message
om...

When you get done, you will have the best fidelity of current AM
broadcast signals available. However, considering as how they've been
Orbanned into submission for "dial punch", and considering commercial
broadcast at least in the US sucks **** through a straw right now
content-wise, it may be a wholly Pyrrhic victory.

I have a wideband AM radio, and the some stations sound better than others.
One of the Polish language stations sounds pretty good in wideband. I'm
sure my Grandmother would have loved hearing good fidelity polkas, but I'd
prefer jazz. A couple of weeks ago they played a Classical recording before
sign-off which sounded great. The sound was well balanced and had lots of
dynamic range.

The gospel station sounds over treble boosted on my radio, but other wise
it's not bad. The oldies station is a bit of a disappointment. They have
great material, but it sounds a bit flat.

There are a couple of stations which don't sound very good.

I made a mistake in my previous post. I got off on a "testbed" tangent. It
would have been better to say "test drive". Wideband AM isn't necessaraly
bad, it can be pretty good. But I wouldn't get into a big project unless I
gave the local stations a good listen in order to judge if it's really
worthwhile.

Frank Dresser