Old September 6th 04, 12:51 PM
Richard Fry

"Walter Maxwell"
When I bought the tx for new BC stn WCEN in 1948
it was from Gates Radio in Quincy. Is it possible that
Geoff's business is a spinoff from Gates?

Yes, Harris-Intertype (later just "Harris Corp") bought Gates Radio, lock,
stock and barrel -- not a spinoff.

Don Peterson, developing the use of TDR for finding discontinuities
in RF feed lines for TV. He developed a kit for use in the field for
locating ghost problems in the lines connecting the tx to the antenna.
Were you aware of Don's work in this area?

Vaguely. My primary contact and mentor was Dr Matti Siukola, lead engineer
at RCA's antenna lab and test range at Gibbsboro, NJ. Under his direction I
was responsible for updating and improving the VHF and UHF RF pulse test
sets used by RCA Field Service.

RF