Old June 13th 04, 04:01 PM
Pierre

Geez, you must not have been around SW very long. I find there's more
interesting radio to listen to now than there was 30-40 years ago. Less
propaganda, more interesting documentary radio, and even the crackpot talk
shows on private SW broadcasters can be fun to listen to.
Pierre

"no_spam_here" wrote in message
om...
Pierre
The sky has fallen, you just haven't been hit yet. BBC and R Norway
Duetchewelle and others are lighting the way for others. Just stay in
your own little world. Ya know, Radio Shack isn't really a good
barometer but even they dropped all of their Rat Shack branded SW
items. A pretty good sign of the times and the demise of SW
broadcasting as we know it. If there was money inSW radios, Rat Shack
would have as much as they could get instead they bailed. So has the
sky fallen. Cover your head. There is almost zero SW broadcast content
any more. Be the last to figure it out. Even Radio Havana has cut
broadcast hours in an attempt to fund something useful such as
supplying the people toilet tissue. Shortwave international broadcast
is taking it's last gasping breaths.