Old June 14th 04, 03:48 AM
Frank Dresser

"Stinger" wrote in message
.. .

I took my Kaito 1102 with me to San Pedro, Belize last week, and am happy

report that there is PLENTY of shortwave to listen to down there.

However,
they do have noisy powerlines (or generators, or something that makes a
racket on various frequencies).

Just for grins, I also tried some MW dx with it and was really surprised

be able to listen to George Noory on WOAI (San Antonio). The signal was
fairly weak but steady, but since there weren't a lot of MW signals out
there to interfere, the 1102 pulled it right in.

FM was the biggest surprise. Two stations -- one playing Mexicano-style
stuff, the other -- get this -- country western (the time I checked --

88.1
Mhz or so).

-- Stinger

Country western in English? I ask because one of the Spanish language
stations here plays some Spanish language rockabilly and doo-wop. It's like
radio from an alternate universe!!

Frank Dresser