Old June 14th 04, 01:36 PM
Clark Neider

We've been discussing that lately (see thread on June 10.) Some SWL's
prefer to manually tune their R8's (Hi Steve!) I started using Drake's
software on my R8 in 1992 when I was running Windows 3.1 and life was good.
It also worked on Windows 98. The trouble began when I progressed to
Windows 2000. I used Fineware Smart R8 for that and loved it! Alas, I
upgraded to Windows XP and am trying Ergo 4.

I like remote because it's easier to punch keyboard buttons than the one's
on R8's control panel. My 15" LCD is easier to read than the monochrome
Drake panel, memories are more than I'll ever need and easier to sort. The
only feature I miss is rotating the tuning knob.

Which Drake or you listening to and what operating system are you running?
There are compatibility issues with certain combinations of Radio (R8),
control software and operating systems.

Clark KK7DY

"DeWayne" wrote in message
Anyone use a remote for the Drake R8. I was wondering if it's worth the
money.

DeWayne K9KZ