Old June 14th 04, 08:40 PM
Gary

"Sanjaya" wrote in message .net...
One more question please.

What is the point of making the E1 with only one speaker... which means
monaural XM from a single speaker. Is there a speaker out jack to make it stereo?
I haven't seen that mentioned.

According to Eton's website, the E1 has Stereo Line-Level Audio
Inputs/Outputs. Since it has stereo line-level outputs, it must be
stereo compatible when hooked up to a stereo. I think this is much
smarter than have two speakers in the unit. I would much rather have
a decent size portable to carry around than a big boombox. The
boombox just wouldn't sell for the price this set is going to cost.
In the past, boombox AM/FM/FM Stereo/SW sets were not successful at
all. Several brands tried it several years ago, including SONY,
SHARP, PANASONIC, and others. Good Guys used to carry them. They
were a flop. I found the stores closing them out and then never
ordered any more. I, myself, purchased a closeout SHARP AM/FM
Stereo/SW boombox with 4 speakers. Great sounding. Decent shortwave
reception, but lots of harmonics. This was about ten years ago and
I've never seen them since. Unfortunately, I gave mine away.