Old September 6th 04, 11:26 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:57:50 -0700, Wes Stewart wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:41:37 GMT, Walter Maxwell wrote:

[snip]
|Thanks for the compliment, Reg, that you prefer to take my word for it. However,
|the reason we include the manufacturer is not as a gratuitutous advert, but to
|distinguish between the Cadillacs (Hewlett-Packard and General Radio, among a
|few others) and the non-descripts. The Cadillacs are professional, precision
|instruments, which, when used by knowledgeable people, provide data that can be
|relied upon.
|
|Without knowledge of the quality of the measuring device the reader is
|justifiably suspicious of the data.

Careful Walt. Reg is an Englishman, he doesn't know what at Cadillac
is, other than an American automobile, which makes it suspect.

You should use Jaguar for comparison. Uh oh, better not, that is an
American company (Ford).

Alright, how about Aston Martin. Darn, another Ford.

I've got it; Rolls-Royce! Nope, that's a German car (BMW).

Okay maybe a Bentley. Nooo. That's a Volkswagon.

Surely a Land Rover. Not again! Another Ford.

You're right. HP and GR were the Cadillacs of the industry. [g]

Man, Wes, I sure ran of the road and totalled the Caddie on this one, didn't I?

However, what happened to the Rolls-Royce? Did the Queen boot it out? As I
recall it from my pre-teen days, it was definitely a Brit. And how did it manage
to land in Deutchland? Or did Neville Chamberlin manipulate this one too?

Walt