Old June 18th 04, 09:31 PM
Llgpt

Default Homebrew SRIII? ( Comparison of six portable radios)

From: Dan
Date: 6/14/2004 6:53 PM Central Daylight Time
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:59:25 GMT, Aaron Burr
wrote:

Out of curiosity, has anyone built a homebrew version of the SRIII?
I suppose with the addition of a calibrated tuning scale, and maybe
a few other improvements here and there, it will be a very good AM DX
machine. Doesn't it use a variable inductor for tuning?

Kinda related to this, but I've always wondered: which version of the
SR is the best? I, II, III? What are the differences? Which one
would *you* want and why?

Dan

Grundig S800, S650, S700, YB400, YB550PE
Degen DE1102, Kaito KA1102
Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

I would have to say the SR ll. I have one that is dead on on dial accuracy, but
that isn't a big deal with me.

Les Locklear
On The Gulf of Mexico
Hammarlund HQ-120X