Old August 20th 03, 05:30 PM
W5DXP

W5DXP wrote:

You must have misread the question. Shorts are only applied at points
with zero volts and only wires with zero current are cut. Since there
is no 'signal' present at these points, the 'signal' will not disappear.

Let me see if I have this straight. You cut off 1/4WL of feedline and
current and voltage still exist in the cut off parts? Have you patented
that perpetual motion machine? All I have to do to prove you wrong is
measure the current and voltage in the part that was isolated from the
source. In the previous example:
1/4WL coax
source---------coax--------------------+---wattmeter-----short

When you cut the line at '+', the wattmeter will go to zero. It's
a no brainer. What do you mean I can't tell the difference?

You can now remeasure any current or voltage at any
points you choose to tell me whether the shorts or cuts are in or out.

Since you can not tell the difference, the circuit with cuts and opens
is identical to the one without."

But I can tell the difference because I choose to measure the current and
voltage in the parts of the feedline that have been cut off and isolated
from the source. It's a no brainer.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp