Old June 21st 04, 06:41 PM
David

One slight inaccuracy and the world came down on them. If that
doesn't speak to the fact that they are credible I don't what would.

Fox News has a glaring fib every day.

http://mediamatters.org/

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:08:18 -0400, "T. Early"
wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

[snip]

Globally, there were 146m weekly World Service listeners in 2004,

down
from
150m in 2003.

They are saying the number of listeners declined 2.7%. I'd like to

know how
they come up with such numbers, and how they can have any confidence

in
their accuracy and precision.

[snip]

I would too. Perhaps it's because, in their own words, they are "the
most trusted and objective international broadcaster."

Unfortunately, others more objective don't seem to concur:

http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/content/report/