Old June 22nd 04, 02:34 AM
Pete

"Pete" wrote in message
gers.com...

I have an S350 and I totally agree with the above assessment. I've been
listening to shortwave since the early 1970's, so, I've used a number of
analogically-tuned radios in my time. People like me who have are

generally
not fazed or surprised by a bit of drift like that. It's expected. Since

the
350 has both an analog tuner AND a seemingly very accurate digital

frequency
readout, the drifting is just more obvious because of it. Retuning was
always expected and even part of the fun in the old days. Just retune it
occasionally when you have to, and enjoy the great performance of this
radio. It's hard to beat for the price. Just as an example, a couple of
summers ago, I returned three Sat-800's because I wasn't satisfied with
them. But, I'm not letting go of this S350. I absolutely love it! I find
digitally-tuned radios boring, and I hate scanning through the bands with
those things.
Pete

BTW, to add to my own post above, I should mention that my S350 has the
updated power-on switch, like the later Tecsun version. I don't know if that
means it drifts less than earlier models, since I've never had one of those.
Pete