Old September 9th 04, 12:22 AM
Jack Painter

"Craig Buck" wrote

I use a top center fed L. One side is horizontal and the other side is
vertical. Fed at the top center with ladder line. Cebik has several
articles on his site about center fed Ls. No ground plane, horizontal and
vertical polarization, fewer nulls in the pattern. Very nice

I think the center feds make a lot more sense for multiband operation.

--
Radio K4ia
Craig "Buck"

Hi Craig, is that fed with ladder line right out of the tuner? I'm hoping
there is a best-fit arangement from my tuner to an inverted-L with either a
top-fed through a 4:1 balun or end-fed without a balun. In either case the
intention is to cover 2182khz with a 107' 1/4~ L. Any suggestions on the
best arrangement for that work?

Thanks,

Jack
Virginia Beach VA