Old June 23rd 04, 03:34 AM
RHF

= = = "Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
= = = ...

- - - - - S N I P - - - - -

However, a developer of the Texas project, Dr. Graham Emslie, defends
screening.

"There are good data showing that if you identify kids at an earlier
age who are aggressive, you can intervene ... and change their
trajectory."

As someone who has been a volunteer board member for a private
non profit mental health center for over 15 years this sounds
like good news.

My primary concern is government programs tend to become bloated.

We test for hearing and vision problems in schools,
we might as well test for mental illness.

Statistically, one out of ten teenagers will have a bout with
mental illness. Throughout your life, odds are one in four that
you'll have at least one mental health problem - even if it's
just short term depression.

One of the biggest problems with mental health care is the
stigma of mental illness makes people afraid to seek treatment.

This proposal has a chance to reduce or eliminate that stigma.

MSH,

Yours may be the Voice of Reason and Compassion for those in need.

But this post was done for the Condemnation and Denigrate any
effort to really 'help' and/or "Cure" those in need of Mental
Health Programs and Treatment.

The Left needs the Mentally Ill and the Homeless as 'problems'
to tout as "Issues" to Politic-About in their quest for power.

~ RHF

..