Old June 24th 04, 01:20 AM
Tom Holden

Default Receiving DRM with the DX-394

The DX-394 can be readily adapted to have a 3rd IF at 12kHz to feed a
computer sound card with which free software can decode DRM transmissions.
Jan Terpstra has designed a two transistor 455kHz-to-12kHz "quick and dirty"
converter that he and I have built. Today I successfully received DRM
transmissions from Sackville using the DX-394 with the converter and the
free DReaM software running on a Celeron 450MHz computer.

The DReaM software is intriguing in its own right and is capable of doing AM
and SSB demodulation from the 12kHz IF using DSP. Remarkably, I think it
excels the stock AM demodulator at very weak signal reception and provides
selectable bandwidth in 1kHz steps from 1 to 15 kHz.

For more on DRM on the DX-394 visit/join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RADIOSHACKDX394/ .

Tom