Old June 24th 04, 02:21 PM
Pete

Most savvy buyers of anything on ebay will avoid "as is" auctions like the
plague. It's well known as a sign the buyer wants to get rid of something.
You will do much better if you guarantee the radio to be as described on
arrival. That way, you give serious buyers some comfort in knowing that if
there's truly something wrong with it, they haven't been screwed. In the box
means absolutely nothing on ebay. "As is" probably won't fetch as good a
price as you could get with it.
Pete

"Dan Kessler" wrote in message
Hi all. I'm planning on selling a brand spanking new in the box Sony
ICF-2010 on eBay. I would sell this as a final sale (i.e. no returns for

any
reason). At this point, I have not even removed the radio from the box. It
is a late serial number unit - the serial # is on the outer shipping box.
All factory accessories are included, unopened and unused.

Would you be more willing to buy the item

a. tested (by me) with batteries or
b. sent as-is (untested) with the radio in the box as packaged by Sony?

I would obviously like to sell it for as much as possible. I'm just not

sure
whether a tested or unused unit is more desirable. Thanks for any input.

Dan