Old June 24th 04, 03:27 PM
Mark S. Holden

Dan Kessler wrote:

Hi all. I'm planning on selling a brand spanking new in the box Sony
ICF-2010 on eBay. I would sell this as a final sale (i.e. no returns for any
reason). At this point, I have not even removed the radio from the box. It
is a late serial number unit - the serial # is on the outer shipping box.
All factory accessories are included, unopened and unused.

Would you be more willing to buy the item

a. tested (by me) with batteries or
b. sent as-is (untested) with the radio in the box as packaged by Sony?

I would obviously like to sell it for as much as possible. I'm just not sure
whether a tested or unused unit is more desirable. Thanks for any input.

Dan

I think I'd list it as never removed from the box, but mention on request of the winner, you'll test it before shipping.

In other words, give the high bidder the choice.

There are some people who actually collect unopened items, and never use them.

To me it seems silly - "Just imagine, somewhere in that crate is a pristine R390 that's never been used."